Complete the Table Runner
1. Using diagonal seams, sew together the mottled orange 2-1/2"-wide bias strips to make a 75"-long strip. Bind table runner with 75"-long strip.
2. Following the manufacturer's instructions, press the fusible-web 11x16" rectangles onto the backs of the green print 11x16" rectangles; let cool. Peel off the paper backings.
3. Lay one Step 2 green print rectangle on your work surface with the right side down. Place the stabilizer 11x16" rectangle on top. With the right side up, place the remaining Step 2 green print rectangle on top of the layered rectangles. Following the manufacturer's instructions, fuse all of the pieces together.
4. Trace Pattern C onto the fused Step 3 rectangle, tracing the stitching line and six pleat lines. Cut out on the outer drawn lines to make the stem. Using a short, wide zigzag stitch, sew around all edges of the stem.
5. Fold the stem so a set of two pleat lines match up; pin through both pleat lines. Then press lightly to form a pleat. Repeat to fold and press a total of three pleats in the stem. Machine-baste on the marked stitching line to hold the pleats in place (Diagram 4).
6. Place the pleated stem on the wide end of the table runner so the short stem end is on the table runner and the stitching line is 1/2" from the bound edge (Diagram 5). Topstitch over the basting stitches to secure the stem to the table runner. Fold the stem in half so both portions extend above the top of the carrot shape; press lightly to complete the project.
Return to Page 1:
More to check out: