Assemble Table Runner
1. With right sides together, join pieced panel and dark blue print 20-1/2x50-1/2" backing rectangle along long edges to make a tube (Diagram 2). Press seams toward dark blue print. Do not turn right side out.
2. Center pieced panel on the backing rectangle so that 2" of dark blue print shows along each long edge of the panel (Diagram 3); press.
3. Turn tube over so wrong side of backing is facing up. Center 16x50" fusible fleece rectangle on backing, leaving 1/4" of dark blue print remaining at each short end. Trim fleece if needed.
4. Referring to manufacturer's instructions, fuse fleece in place.
5. Turn tube right side out. Press, straightening edges and smoothing wrinkles.
6. Turn short ends of tube to inside 1/4"; press. Topstitch 1/8" from outer edges to complete table runner.
7. Quilt table runner as desired. Mary Pepper machine-quilted the pieced panel 1/4" on one side of each seam.
Return to Page 1:
More to check out:
Stars at Dusk Table Runner