Assemble Leaf Blocks
1. For one blue block, gather one blue stem unit, four light blue print small triangles, one light blue print 1-1⁄2" square, and a set of matching dark print pieces (four small triangles and three 1-1⁄2" squares).
2. Sew together a light blue print small triangle and a dark print small triangle to make a triangle-square (Diagram 2). Press seam toward dark print. Repeat to make four triangle-squares total.
3. Referring to Diagram 3, lay out triangle-squares and remaining gathered pieces in three horizontal rows. Sew together pieces in each row; press seams in directions shown in diagram. Join rows to make a blue leaf block; press seams toward middle row. The block should be 3-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 1–3 to make 13 blue leaf blocks total.
5. For each cream block, gather one cream stem unit, four cream print small triangles, one cream print 1-1⁄2" square, and a set of matching dark print pieces (four small triangles and three 1-1⁄2" squares). Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 10 cream leaf blocks.
Continued on Page 5:
More to check out: