Appliqué Candle Ornament
1. Referring to Candle Ornament Placement Diagram, position the red C candle; green D, E, and F leaves; and gold G flame atop a black B circle. Then remove all pieces except red candle; glue or pin in place.
2. Using one strand of red embroidery floss and straight stitches, stitch around the red candle. Layer the remaining wool shapes atop the candle. Using one strand of coordinating embroidery floss and straight stitches, stitch around each wool shape; start with the bottom layer and work to the top.
3. Using one strand of red embroidery floss, backstitch the top detail on the red candle.
4. Using two strands of light green embroidery floss, backstitch branches on the black circle. Alternating light green and dark green floss, use short straight stitches to add pine needles along the branches.
5. Using one strand of gold embroidery floss, add 11 French knots in a ring around the flame to finish the candle appliqué.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: