1. Using the 60-degree angle on a quilting ruler, cut three triangles from one holiday novelty print 20-1⁄2x42" strip (Diagram 1). Repeat to cut six triangles total. On each triangle, use a safety pin to mark the edge that is on the fabric’s crosswise grain (the edge indicated by arrows in Diagram 1).
2. Fold a holiday border print strip in half widthwise and finger-press to mark center. Fold a holiday novelty print triangle in half along pinned edge and finger-press to mark center. With right sides together, sew together border print strip and triangle, aligning centerlines. Press seam toward triangle.
3. Using a quilting ruler, trim border print strip even with triangle edges to make triangle unit A (Diagram 2).
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make three total of triangle unit A.
5. Repeat steps 2 and 3, pressing seams toward strips to make three total of triangle unit B.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: