1. Sew together the cream felt A pieces in pairs; use a 1⁄2" seam allowance, leave the top edges open, and do not turn.
2. Referring to Diagram 1, sew together a burgundy felt C piece and a cream felt B piece, overlapping the long raw edges by 1⁄4". Stitch twice, 1⁄4" from the overlapped edge and just next to the overlapped edge, to make a cuff unit. Repeat with the remaining cream B and burgundy C pieces to make a total of four cuff units.
3. Referring to Diagram 2 and with right sides together, layer two cuff units and sew along the short edges with a 1⁄2" seam allowance to make a stocking cuff. Turn right side out. Repeat with the remaining cuff units to make a second stocking cuff.
4. Referring to Diagram 3, place a stocking cuff inside a stocking and pin in place. The right side of the cuff should be facing the wrong side of the stocking. Using a 1⁄4" seam allowance, stitch together around the top edge of the stocking. Fold the cuff over the outside of stocking to make a cuffed stocking. Repeat to make a second cuffed stocking.
5. Referring to the photograph on page 1 for placement, pin the three green D shapes on a stocking cuff. Sew a single button at the center of each D snowflake to attach the shapes.
6. Referring to the photograph on page 1 for placement, pin the five green E shapes on the remaining stocking cuff. Sew a pair of buttons at the center of each E pine tree to attach the shapes.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: