1. Layer stocking batting pieces on wrong side of stocking front A piece and pink floral A reversed stocking back. Machine-baste a scant 1⁄4” from edges. Machine-quilt front and back as desired using clear monofilament thread.
2. Fold each red-and-black dot strip in half lengthwise with wrong sides together; press. Topstitch a scant 1⁄4" from long raw edge. Press under 1⁄4" along long raw edge of four strips. (The fifth strip is the top cuff strip.) Pleat all five strips, pinning a 1⁄4" pleat every 1-3⁄8".
3. Center pleated cuff strip along top edge of stocking front, matching raw edges; baste in place. Center remaining strips across stocking front, see photo on page 1. Topstitch 1⁄8" from top of each pleated edge. Trim away excess fabric at stocking side edges.
4. Sew together stocking front and lining A reversed piece along straight edge (Diagram 2). Repeat for stocking back and lining A piece. Open each shape flat and press seams toward lining. Layer a front/lining piece on top of a back/lining piece.
5. Sew together front/lining piece and back/lining piece, leaving an opening for turning in the lining (Diagram 3). Clip into seam allowance at 1⁄4" intervals at curves. Turn stocking right side out through opening; press. Sew opening closed. Insert lining into stocking. Topstitch 1⁄8" from edge around top of stocking.
6. Fold ribbon in half, matching raw edges. Whipstitch fold to inside at top right of stocking. Knot ends of ribbon.
Return to Page 1:
More to check out: