Assemble Four-Patch Units
1. Sew together a dark pink tone-on-tone 1-1/2x42" strip and a pink tone-on-tone 1-1/2x42" strip to make a pink Strip Set E (Diagram 6). Press seam toward dark pink strip.
2. Cut pink E strip set into twenty-five 1-1/2"-wide E segments total.
3. Join two E segments to make a dark pink Four-Patch unit (Diagram 7). Press seam in one direction. The unit should be 2-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 10 dark pink Four-Patch units total (save five remaining E segments to make dark pink half blocks).
4. Using a pink tone-on-tone 1-1/2x42" strip and a pink gingham 1-1/2x42" strip, repeat steps 1 through 3 to make 10 pink Four-Patch units (save five remaining E segments to make pink half blocks).
5. Using gold tone-on-tone 1-1/2x42" strips and gold gingham 1-1/2x42" strips, repeat Step 1 to make two gold E strip sets.
6. Cut gold E strip sets into fifty 1-1/2"-wide E segments total. Repeat Step 3 to make 20 gold Four-Patch units (save 10 remaining E segments to make gold half blocks).
Continued on Page 5:
More to check out: