Pinwheels Pillow Sham, Part 2
5. Sew together eight triangle-squares to make a short pieced border strip. Repeat to make a second short pieced border strip. Join the pieced border strips to the short edges of the sham center. Press the seam allowances toward the inner border.
6. Sew together 14 triangle-squares to make a long pieced border strip. Repeat to make a second long pieced border strip. Join the long pieced strips to the long edges of the sham center to make the pillow sham top. Press the seam allowances toward the inner border.
7. Layer the pieced pillow sham top, batting, and muslin 37x27" rectangle. Quilt as desired. Trim the batting and backing even with the pieced sham top.
8. Fold under 1/2" on a long edge of the muslin 35-1/2x18" rectangle and the muslin 35-1/2x13" rectangle; press. Stitch 1/4" from the folded edge.
9. Referring to Diagram 5, overlap the folded edges of the two rectangles 4-1/2 "; baste in place to make the pillow sham back.
10. Layer the pillow sham top and pillow sham back. Sew together around the outer edges to make a pillow sham. Turn the sham right side out; press.
11. Sew in the ditch through all layers between the inner and outer borders to create a flange. Insert a pillow through the opening in the sham back.
Continued on Page 8:
More to check out: