Finish Wristband Pincushion No. 1
1. Layer two pink wool F wristband pieces together. Using two strands of matching embroidery floss, blanket-stitch around all edges.
To blanket-stitch, refer to Blanket Stitch Diagram and pull needle up at A, form a reverse L shape with floss, and hold angle of L shape in place with your thumb. Push needle down at B and come up at C to secure stitch. Continue in the same manner around all edges.
2. Using two strands of matching embroidery floss, stitch 1/8" from edge of pink wool E circle, pulling up to gather tightly to make pink wool button (Diagram 1). Knot off.
3. Sew wool button to one end of wristband 1/4" in from stitched edge.
4. Cut a slit 3/4" long—1/2" in from remaining end of wristband—to make buttonhole (Diagram 2). Test buttonhole for fit. If buttonhole is too small, make the slit larger.
5. Using one strand of matching embroidery floss, make running stitches along each long edge of buttonhole (Diagram 3). Make five stitches across each short end of buttonhole to reinforce hole.
6. Fold wristband in half to find center; mark center with a pin. Center appliquéd pincushion on wristband and, using two strands of matching embroidery floss, attach through back of pincushion to complete wristband pincushion
Continued on Page 5:
More to check out: