1. Referring to Cutting Diagram 2, trim quilted pillow top
square following the hexagon shape printed on fabric, adding 1/2" on all sides.
2. Using quilted hexagon shape as a pattern, cut one pillow back piece.
3. Join pink print 3"-wide strips at both ends to make a circle. Press seams open.
4. Fold joined strips in half wrong sides facing and matching raw edges. Press.
5. Measure strip; divide and mark in six equal sections.
6. Using a long machine stitch, sew a gathering stitch 1/4" from raw edges, stopping and starting at each mark.
7. Aligning raw edges, match each mark on ruffle with one corner of right side of quilted pillow top. Pull up gathering stitches in each section, pinning ruffle in place as each section is completed. Sew ruffle to pillow top about 1/4" from edge.
Continued on Page 5:
More to check out: