Prepare Strap Tabs
1. Fuse a 2-1⁄2x6" interfacing rectangle to wrong side of a black-and-white print 2-1⁄2x6" rectangle.
2. Trace Tab Pattern onto interfacing side of Step 1 fused rectangle.
3. Layer marked rectangle and a second black-and-white print 2-1⁄2x6" rectangle with right sides together. Sew on drawn line, leaving narrow end open (Diagram 2). Trim 1⁄4" outside stitching line. Trim across corners and clip just up to stitching at inner corners. Turn right side out and press to make a tab.
4. Repeat steps 1–3 to make second tab.
5. Referring to Diagram 3, position tabs on bag body 3⁄4" from long edges and 10-1⁄2" from a short (flap) end. Pin in place.
6. Slip narrow end of a tab through an O-ring. Tuck narrow tab end under wide tab end. Stitch across narrow part of tab above O-ring (Diagram 4). In the wide part of the tab, stitch around the edges and make an X to make a strap tab. Repeat to make a second strap tab.
Continued on Page 5:
More to check out: