Assemble Outer Bag
1. Referring to Diagram 1, align a 1"-wide strip with left-hand short edge of muslin 8x17" rectangle; sew together, stitching 1/4" from aligned edges. Repeat to add a second 1"-wide strip to right-hand short edge.
2. Place a strip of desired width so it slightly overlaps unsewn edge of first strip (Diagram 2); pin in place. Stitch 1/8" to 1/4" from overlapped edge.
3. Repeat Step 2 until muslin rectangle is covered with strips to make bag top (Diagram 3).
4. Referring to photo on page 1 and Diagram 4, sew narrower, shorter strips randomly to bag top, trimming lengths as desired and stitching down center of each new strip.
5. Trim bag top to measure 6-1/2x17".
6. With right side inside, fold bag top in half to measure 6-1/2x8-1/2" (Diagram 5). Sew together along long edges. Turn and press under remaining raw edges 1" to make outer bag. Turn right side out.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: