Assemble the Scarf
1. Referring to Diagram 1, sew together two gray print 4-1/2x18" rectangles, four solid white 1-1/2x18" rectangles, and two turquoise-and-green geometric print 4-1/2x18" rectangles to make a scarf segment. Press seams away from solid white rectangles. The segment should be 20-1/2x18" including seam allowances.
2. Repeat Step 1 to make a second scarf segment.
3. Join a scarf segment to each short edge of turquoise-and-gray floral 18x42" rectangle to make a pieced row (Diagram 2). Press seams toward floral rectangle. The pieced row should be 82x18" including seam allowances.
4. Cut pieced row in half lengthwise to make two 9x82" pieced strips (Diagram 3).
5. Fold a 9x82" pieced strip in half lengthwise with right side inside. Sew along all raw edges, leaving a 3" opening in long raw edge for turning (Diagram 4). Turn right side out through opening. Use a chopstick or stiletto to push out corners; press. Slip-stitch opening closed to complete one scarf.
6. Repeat Step 5 to make a second scarf.
Return to Page 1:
More to check out: