Add Rickrack and Zipper
1. Referring to Diagram 5 and photo for placement, center and pin rickrack in place. With matching thread, topstitch along long edges to secure. Trim even with raw edges.
2. Place bag front, right side up, on work surface. Center and align green zipper facedown along top edge of bag front. Using a zipper foot and 1/4" seam allowance, sew zipper to bag front (Diagram 5).
3. Finger-press bag front away from zipper. The zipper tape and seam allowance should be pressed toward the bag front. Topstitch a scant 1/4" from fold (Diagram 6).
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to add bag back to remaining edge of zipper (Diagram 7).
5. Fold bag front and back with wrong sides together. Trim bag back lower edge to match bag front. Stitch 1/4" seam across top edge, enclosing raw edge of zipper at bag top, to make bag body (Diagram 8).
Continued on Page 5:
More to check out: