1. Fold and press one blue-and-green print 14-1/2x16-1/2" rectangle in half lengthwise with wrong side inside to make an 8-1/4x14-1/2" pocket rectangle. Repeat with remaining blue-and-green print rectangle to make a second pocket rectangle.
2. Referring to Diagram 2, layer a green print 14-1/2x20-1/2" lining rectangle and a pocket rectangle, right sides together. Place a 10-1/4x14-1/2" batting rectangle under the layered pieces; pin all layers together.
3. Referring to Diagram 2, pin a strap to the bottom edge of layered pieces, leaving 4" between strap sides.
4. Place a pin on each side of strap 10-1/4" from bottom edge. Beginning at bottom edge of layered pieces, topstitch one side of strap up to the pin marking 10-1/4"; remove pin, sew across strap, and topstitch back down to bottom edge. Repeat with remaining side of strap to complete one bag unit.
5. Repeat steps 2 through 4 to make a second bag unit.
Continued on Page 5:
More to check out: