Assemble and Appliqué Pincushion Front
1. Sew together three assorted cream print and polka dot 1-3/4" squares and one solid cream 1-3/4" square to make a short border strip (Diagram 1; note placement of solid cream square). Press seams in one direction. Repeat to make a second short border strip.
2. Sew together six assorted cream print and polka dot 1-3/4" squares to make a long border strip (Diagram 2). Press seams in one direction. Repeat to make a second long border strip.
3. Referring to Diagram 3, join long border strips to long edges of solid cream 3x8" rectangle. Add short border strips to remaining edges to make pincushion front. Press all seams toward border. The pincushion front should be 5-1/2x10-1/2" including seam allowances.
4. Referring to photo on page 1, arrange solid green letters p, i, n, and s on pincushion front. Fuse in place.
5. Using matching thread, machine-buttonhole-stitch with a short stitch length around each letter.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out:
Free Pincushion Patterns