1. With right sides together, sew together bag front and back from clip to clip along side and bottom edges (Diagram 4). Clip into seam allowance where marked. Turn bag right side out; press flat.
2. Repeat Step 1 to sew together lining front and back, leaving an opening for turning between the dots in the bottom seam (Diagram 5). Do not turn right side out.
3. Insert bag body into lining (they will be right sides together). Sew together bag body and lining along inside and outside edges, beginning and ending 2" from top edges (Diagram 6). Pull bag and lining through opening in lining bottom. Hand- stitch opening closed. Push bag into lining so the bag is wrong side out.
4. On the lining, carefully press under 1⁄4" on the handle upper edges. Keeping the lining out of the way, pin together the long handle ends of the bag body; stitch with 1⁄2" seam allowance (Diagram 7). Repeat to join the bag body short handle ends.
5. Turn in remaining raw edges of handles on bag body and lining handle (the lining handle ends should overlap each other); pin in place. Turn right side out. Topstitch around all edges to secure the handle ends and complete the bag (Diagram 8).
Return to Page 1:
More to check out: