Assemble Bag Front and Back
1. Place blue stripe 5x12-1/2" rectangle right side up on a muslin A piece, matching centers.
2. Place a turquoise print 2-1/2x12-1/2" strip facedown on blue stripe rectangle, matching right-hand raw edges. Stitch in place (Diagram 1).
3. Press turquoise print strip open. Matching right-hand edges, sew a dark blue print 2-1/2x12-1/2" strip to turquoise print strip (Diagram 2). Press open as before.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to add turquoise and dark blue print 2-1/2x12-1/2" strips to left-hand edge of center blue stripe rectangle.
5. Sew a scant 1/4" from curved edges of muslin A piece (Diagram 3). Trim pieced strips even with muslin A edges.
6. Fuse a fleece A piece to wrong side of muslin A piece to make bag front.
7. Repeat steps 1–6 to make bag back.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: