1. Using a long running stitch (Photo 1), gather one short edge of print 5x19" strip.
2. Lightly twist fabric strip while holding down gathered end on a solid surface (Photo 2).
3. Twist and fold over gathered end to make rosette center (Photo 3).
4. On back of rosette center, tack fold in place (Photo 4), being careful that stitches do not appear on front.
5. Continue twisting and wrapping fabric strip around rosette center, tacking at each turn (Photo 5), until only a 1" tail remains.
6. Tack tail to back (Photo 6) to complete rosette.
7. Using remaining print 5x19" strips, repeat steps 1–6 to make three rosettes total.
8. Referring to photo, position rosettes on lapel of cardigan; pin. Hand-stitch in place, being careful that the stitches do not appear on the front side of rosettes.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: