Assemble Outer Bag
1. Sew together short ends of one green floral and one blue print 8-1/2x4-1/2” rectangle to make an A unit. Press seam in one direction. The A unit should be 16-1/2x4-1/2” including seam allowances. Repeat to make a second A unit.
2. Sew together short ends of one light blue floral and one green floral 1x8-1/2” strip to make a B unit. Press seam in one direction. The B unit should be 16-1/2x1” including seam allowances. Repeat to make a second B unit.
3. Referring to Diagram 1, sew together two 16x16-1/2” multicolor stripe rectangles, one A unit and one B unit to make a bag panel. Press seams in one direction. Bag panel should be 16-1/2x6” including seam allowances. Repeat to make a second bag panel.
4. Center one bag panel right side up on a 16-1/2x6” heavyweight interfacing rectangle; pin layers together.
5. Machine-quilt at 3-4” intervals across one bag panel top through both layers with multistep zigzag or other decorative stitch (Diagram 2).
6. Referring to photo, center and sew rickrack over seam between top stripe and A unit.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 with second bag panel.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: