1. Referring to Diagram 1, sew together long edges of 15 rectangles to make a row. Press seams open. The row should be 6-1/4x45-1/2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make a second row.
2. Place one row right side down on a flat surface. Lightly spray wrong side of row with basting spray or dot with glue stick. Place batting on top of row and finger-press. Lightly spray top of batting with basting spray or dot with glue stick. Place second row right side up on batting to complete fabric sandwich (Diagram 2). Finger-press.
3. Trace pattern on template plastic and cut out. Mark one side of template as the front and the reverse side as the back.
4. Referring to Diagram 3, place template, front side up, at one end of fabric sandwich. Trace template shape onto row, reversing template after each tracing.
5. Using shears or a rotary cutter and mat, cut through all layers of fabric sandwich along drawn lines.
6. Bind with solid blue binding strips to complete scarf.
Return to Page 1:
More to check out: