Assemble Pillow Top
1. Referring to Pillow Top Assembly Diagram, lay out four 16" squares in pairs. Sew together squares in each pair; press seams in opposite directions. Join pairs to make pillow center. Press seam in one direction. The pillow center should be 31" square including seam allowances.
2. With wrong side inside, fold a 2x31" black dot strip in half lengthwise. Press to make a 1x31" piping strip. Repeat to make four piping strips total.
3. Referring to Piping Diagram, align a piping strip with a pillow center edge; baste. Repeat with remaining piping strips and remaining pillow center edges.
4. Referring to Pillow Top Assembly Diagram, sew short butterfly print border strips to opposite edges of pillow center. Press seams open. Add long border strips to remaining edges to make pillow top. Press seams open. The pillow top should be 38" square including seam allowances.
5. Layer pillow top, batting, and backing; baste.
6. Using matching or monofilament thread, machine quilt around butterfly shapes through all layers.
7. Trim pillow top to 38" square including seam allowances.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: