Assemble Bag Body and Bag Lining
1. On each multicolor chevron print bag piece fold the short straight edges under 1⁄8" twice from the overlap marking point to bag lower corner (Diagram 1); press. Topstitch folds in place to hem. Repeat with blue tone-on-tone bag pieces.
2. Lay a multicolor chevron print bag piece right side up on working surface. Referring to Diagram 2, place a blue tone-on-tone bag piece right side up over half the chevron print bag piece; match lower curved edges and pin.
3. Referring to Diagram 3, fold right-hand half of multicolor chevron print bag piece over half of blue tone-on-tone piece; match lower curved edges and pin.
4. Fold left-hand half of blue tone-on-tone bag piece over half of multicolor chevron piece; match lower curved edges and pin (Diagram 4).
5. Sew all four layers together along lower curve to make bag body (Diagram 5).
6. Clip small notches into seam allowances along curves (Diagram 6). Turn bag body right side out.
7. Repeat steps 2–6 with remaining bag pieces to make bag lining. Leave lining wrong side out.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: