Assemble Quilt Top
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out Flying Geese units and remaining "5x9-1/2" rectangles in five vertical rows.
2. Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams toward rectangles.
3. Join rows to make quilt center. Press seams in one direction. The quilt center should be 45-1/2x54-1/2" including seam allowances.
4. Cut and piece six blue stripe flannel 2-1/2x42" strips to make:
2—2-1/2x54-1/2" border strips
2—2-1/2x49-1/2" border strips
5. Sew long outer border strips to long edges of quilt center. Add short outer border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press all seams toward outer border.
Continued on Page 5:
More to check out: