Assemble Churn Dash Blocks
1. Referring to Assemble Hourglass Blocks, steps 1–2, and using blue print 4-1/8" squares and purple print 4-1/8" squares, make 20 small triangle-square units (Diagram 3).
2. Sew together a teal print 2-1/8x42" strip and a green print 2-1/8x42" strip to make a strip set (Diagram 4). Press seam toward teal print. Repeat to make two strip sets total. Cut strips sets into 20—3-3/4"-wide segments.
3. Referring to Diagram 5, lay out four small triangle-square units, four segments, and one purple print 3-3/4" square in three rows.
4. Join pieces in each row. Press seams away from segments. Join rows to make a Churn Dash block; press seams in one direction. The block should be 10-1/4" square including seam allowances.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make five Churn Dash blocks total.
Continued on Page 5:
More to check out: