Assemble Triangle Squares
1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each pink leaf print 2-7/8" square.
2. Layer a marked pink leaf print square atop a blue print 2-7/8" square. Sew together with two lines, stitching 1/4" on each side of drawn line (Diagram 1).
3. Cut apart on drawn line to make two triangle units (Diagram 2). Press each triangle unit open, pressing seams away from pink leaf print triangles, to make two blue triangle-squares (Diagram 3). Each triangle-square should be 2-1/2" square including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 24 blue triangle-squares total.
5. Using green print 2-7/8" squares instead of blue print, repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 24 green triangle-squares.
6. Using purple print instead of blue print, repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 24 purple triangle-squares.
Continued on Page 5: Assemble Quilt Top
More to check out: