1. Sew together two assorted medium print 2—1/2x21” strips to make a strip set. Press seam toward darker print. Cut strip set into eight 2—1/2" wide segments (Diagram 1).
2. Join two 2—1/2"-wide segments to make a Four-Patch unit; press seam in one direction (Diagram 2). The unit should be 4—1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make four Four-Patch units total.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 24 Four-Patch units total.
4. Referring to Diagram 3, sew together two matching Four-Patch units and two matching light print 4—1/2” squares in pairs. Press seams toward light print. Join pairs to make a Double Four-Patch block. Press seam in one direction. The block should be 8—1/2" square including seam allowances.
5. Repeat Step 4 to make 12 Double Four-Patch blocks total.
Continued on Page 4:
More to check out: