Designer: Monica Solorio-Snow of Happy Zombie 
1/4 yard blue print (straps)
2/3 yard blue-and-green print (pockets)
2/3 yard green print (bag/lining)
2—10-1/4x14-1/2" rectangles thin, firm batting
Finished Bag: 8x10x4"
Quantities are for 44/45"-wide, 100% cotton fabrics. Measurements include 1/4" seam allowances. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.
Cut pieces in the following order.
From blue print, cut:
From blue-and-green print, cut:
From green print, cut:
1. Fold and press a blue print 4x34-1/2" strip in half lengthwise with wrong side inside
2. Open and press long edges to center. Refold in half and press. Topstitch 1/8" from outer edges to make a strap (Diagram 1).
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make a second strap.
1. Fold and press one blue-and-green print 14-1/2x16-1/2" rectangle in half lengthwise with wrong side inside to make an 8-1/4x14-1/2" pocket rectangle. Repeat with remaining blue-and-green print rectangle to make a second pocket rectangle.
2. Referring to Diagram 2, layer a green print 14-1/2x20-1/2" lining rectangle and a pocket rectangle, right sides together. Place a 10-1/4x14-1/2" batting rectangle under the layered pieces; pin all layers together.
3. Referring to Diagram 2, pin a strap to the bottom edge of layered pieces, leaving 4" between strap sides.
4. Place a pin on each side of strap 10-1/4" from bottom edge. Beginning at bottom edge of layered pieces, topstitch one side of strap up to the pin marking 10-1/4"; remove pin, sew across strap, and topstitch back down to bottom edge. Repeat with remaining side of strap to complete one bag unit.
5. Repeat steps 2 through 4 to make a second bag unit.
Assemble Bag (continued)
6. Layer bag units right sides together; pin. Pin loose portion of straps in place to prevent catching them in stitching. Join units around all edges, leaving a 5" opening at top center for turning (Diagram 3). Press seams open.
7. To shape flat bottom for bag, at one corner match bottom seam line to side seam line, creating a flattened triangle (Diagram 4). Measuring 2" from point of triangle, draw a 4"-long line across triangle. Sew on drawn line. Trim excess fabric. Repeat with remaining bottom corner of bag, and both corners of green print lining.
8. Turn bag to right side and finger-press seams. Slip-stitch lining opening closed. Insert lining into bag.