Inspired by 2 Wishes from designer Wendy Sheppard 
Quilt tester: Mary Pepper
7⁄8 yard solid blue (pillow front, pillow back)
Metallic embroidery thread: red, silver
12x16" pillow form
Machine needle: metallic 14/90
Water-soluble marking pen: white or yellow
Finished pillow: 16x12"
Yardages and cutting instructions are based on 42" of usable fabric width.
Measurements include 1⁄4" seam allowances. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.
Cut pieces in the following order.
From solid blue, cut:
Embroider Pillow Front
1. Referring to photo for placement, use white or yellow water-soluble marking pen and a ruler to draw two Fireworks Burst Patterns on the right side of a solid blue 18x14" rectangle. Click on "Download this Project" above for firework pattern.
2. Place remaining solid blue 18x14" rectangle right side down on your work surface. Top with batting 18x14" rectangle, then marked solid blue 18x14" rectangle; baste to make the pillow front.
3. With a metallic 14/90 needle in your sewing machine, use red metallic thread to straight-stitch over marked lines of a firework burst. Repeat with silver metallic thread and the remaining burst.
4. With embroidery centered, trim pillow front to 17x13" including seam allowances.
1. With wrong sides together, fold each solid blue 13x21" rectangle in half to form two 10-1⁄2x13" rectangles. (The double thickness results in a more stable pillow back.) Overlap folded edges about 4" to make a 17x13" rectangle (Pillow Back Assembly Diagram). Baste across top and bottom of overlapped layers to make pillow back.
2. Layer embroidered pillow front and pillow back with right sides together; pin. Using 1⁄2" seam allowance, sew together around outer edges to make pillow cover. Turn right side out; press. Insert 12x16" pillow form through opening to complete pillow.