Inspired by Make & Take from designer Monica Solorio-Snow of Happy Zombie 
Quilt tester: Kathleen Williams
1/3 yard black-and-white polka dot (straps)
1 yard black egg print (pocket)
1 yard green chicken print (carrier)
1 yard insulated batting, such as Insul-Bright 
Water-soluble marking pen
Finished carrier: Holds a 13x9x2" pan with lid
Quantities are for 44/45"-wide, 100% cotton fabrics.
Measurements include 1/4" seam allowances. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.
Cut pieces in the following order. Click on "Download this Project" for the Corner Cutting Pattern. To make a template, trace pattern onto a large sheet of paper and cut out on drawn lines.
From black-and-white polka dot, cut:
From black egg print, cut:
From green chicken print, cut:
From batting, cut:
Fold a black-and-white polka dot 3-1/2x38-1/2" strip in half, wrong side inside (Diagram 1). Press, then unfold. Fold long edges to meet in center; press again. Refold in half and press. Topstitch 1/8" from each long edge to make a strap. Repeat with remaining black-and-white polka dot strip to make a second strap.
1. With wrong side inside, fold black egg print 10-1/2x14" rectangle in half, aligning short edges; press to make a 10-1/2x7" small pocket piece.
2. Repeat Step 1 with black egg print 10-1/2x28" rectangle to make a 10-1/2x14" large pocket piece.
3. Place 10-1/2x20" batting rectangle on a flat surface. Layer a black egg print 10-1/2x20" rectangle right side up on batting. Aligning raw edges and overlapping folds by 1", place small and large pocket pieces on black egg print rectangle (Diagram 2); baste. Layer remaining black egg print 10-1/2x20" rectangle right side down atop pocket pieces (Diagram 2). Sew together long edges to make a tube. Turn right side out; press flat.
4. Referring to Diagram 3, mark a line 2-1/4" from raw edges on both ends. Topstitch on drawn lines through all layers to make pocket.
Assemble Outer Carrier Section
1. Position raw ends of one strap on a short edge of a green chicken print 16-1/2x17-1/2" rectangle 3-3/8" from each side edge (Diagram 4); baste. Topstitch 6" of each strap end in place a scant 1/8" from folded edges to make an outer carrier unit. Repeat to make a second outer carrier unit.
2. Aligning short edges with straps, join carrier units, leaving a 6" opening at center, to make outer carrier section (Diagram 5). Press seam open.
1. Place 16-1/2x34-1/2" batting rectangle on a flat surface. Layer green chicken print 16-1/2x34-1/2" rectangle right side up on batting. Referring to Diagram 6, center pocket atop green chicken print rectangle; baste. (The pocket is wider than green chicken print rectangle to accommodate height of casserole or baking pan.)
2. With right sides together, layer outer carrier section atop pocket. Gently pull straps through opening to allow layers to be flat. Pin together along all edges.
3. Using Corner Cutting Pattern and a water-soluble marking pen, mark cutting line on a short end of Step 2 unit (Diagram 7). Repeat at remaining short end. Trim layered unit along marked lines, adjusting pins as needed. Sew together along all edges. Turn right side out through opening at center; press. Slip-stitch opening closed to complete carrier.