Inspired by Flight of Geese from designer Vickie Eapen 
Quilt tester: Jan Ragaller
6-1/3 yards total assorted green, blue, and chartreuse batiks (blocks, setting rectangles, binding) (The featured quilt uses 10 green batiks, 11 blue batiks, and 9 chartreuse batiks)
3-7/8 yards backing fabric
69" square batting
Finished quilt: 60-1/2" square
Finished block: 6-1/2x3-1/2"
Quantities are for 44/45"-wide, 100% cotton fabrics. Measurements include 1/4" seam allowances. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.
Cut pieces in the following order.
From assorted green batiks, cut:
100—3-1/2x6-1/2" setting rectangles
From remaining green batiks and assorted blue and chartreuse batiks, cut:
13—2-1/2x20" binding strips
200—3-1/2" squares (100 sets of 2 matching squares)
1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each 3-1/2" square. (To prevent fabric from stretching as you draw lines, place 220-grit sandpaper under each square.)
2. For one Flying Geese block you will need two matching 3-1/2" squares and one contrasting print 3-1/2x6-1/2" rectangle.
3. Align a marked square with one end of 3-1/2x6-1/2" rectangle (Block Assembly Diagram; note direction of drawn line). Sew on drawn line, then trim excess, leaving a 1/4" seam allowance. Press open attached triangle, pressing seam toward triangle.
4. In same manner, add matching marked square to opposite end of rectangle (Block Assembly Diagram; again note direction of drawn line). Stitch, trim, and press as before to make a Flying Geese block. The block should be 6-1/2x3-1/2" including seam allowances.
5. Repeat steps 2–4 to make 100 Flying Geese blocks total.
Assemble Quilt Top
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram for placement, lay out Flying Geese blocks and remaining 3-1/2x6-1/2" setting rectangles in 20 rows.
2. Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams toward setting rectangles.
3. Join rows to complete quilt top. Press seams in one direction.
1. Layer quilt top, batting, and backing; baste.
2. Quilt as desired.
3. Sew together assorted batik 2-1/2x20" binding strips to make a pieced binding strip. Bind with pieced binding strip.