Inspired by Festive Flurries from designer Jocelyn Ueng of It’s Sew Emma 
Quilt tester: Laura Boehnke
3⁄4 yard total assorted light peach prints (blocks)
1⁄2 yard total assorted light yellow prints (blocks)
3⁄8 yard total assorted light blue prints (blocks)
1⁄4 yard total assorted light purple prints (blocks)
2-5⁄8 yards total assorted dark prints (blocks)
1⁄2 yard yellow print (inner border)
1 yard purple floral (outer border)
1⁄2 yard dark purple print (binding)
3-1⁄2 yards backing fabric
Finished quilt: 53x63"
Finished block: 10" square
Yardages and cutting instructions are based on 42" of usable fabric width.
Measurements include 1⁄4" seam allowances. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.
Cut pieces in the following order.
From assorted light peach prints cut 8 sets of:
From assorted light yellow prints cut 6 sets of:
From assorted light blue prints, cut 4 sets of:
From assorted light purple prints, cut 2 sets of:
From assorted dark prints, cut 20 sets of:
From yellow print, cut:
:52-1/2x42" strips for inner border
From purple floral, cut:
6—4-3⁄4x42" strips for outer border
From dark purple print, cut:
6—2-1⁄2x42" binding strips
1. For one block gather four 3-1⁄2x5-1⁄2" rectangles from one light print and one 4-1⁄2x10-1⁄2" rectangle, four 3-1⁄2" squares, and four 2-1⁄2" squares from one dark print.
2. Use a pencil or white dress maker’s pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each dark print 3-1⁄2" and 2-1⁄2" square.
3. Align a marked dark print 3-1⁄2" square with one end of a light print 3-1⁄2x5-1⁄2" rectangle (Diagram 1; note direction of marked line). Sew on drawn line. Trim excess, leaving 1⁄4" seam allowance. Press open attached triangle.
4. Align a marked dark print 2-1⁄2" square with opposite end of light print rectangle (Diagram 2; note direction of marked line). Stitch, trim, and press as before to make a rectangle unit. The rectangle unit still should be 5-1⁄2x3-1⁄2" including seam allowances.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make four matching rectangle units total.
6. Sew together four rectangle units in pairs (Diagram 3). Press seams in opposite directions. Join pairs to make a flower unit. Press seam in one direction.
7. Referring to Diagram 4, sew together flower unit and dark print 4-1⁄2x10-1⁄2" rectangle to make a block. Press seam toward dark print rectangle. The block should be 10-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
8. Repeat steps 1–7 to make 20 blocks total.
Assemble Quilt Center
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, sew together blocks in five horizontal rows, rotating blocks as shown. Press seams in one direction, alternating direction with each row.
2. Join rows to make quilt center. Press seams in one direction. The quilt center should be 40-1⁄2x50-1⁄2" including seam allowance.
Assemble and Add Borders
1. Cut and piece yellow print 2-1⁄2x42" strips to make:
2—2-1⁄2x50-1⁄2" inner border strips
2—2-1⁄2x44-1⁄2" inner border strips
2. Sew long inner border strips to long edges of quilt center. Add short inner border strips to remaining edges. Press all seams toward border.
3. Cut and piece purple floral 4-3⁄4x42" strips to make:
2—4-3⁄4x54-1⁄2" outer border strips
2—4-3⁄4x53" outer border strips
4. Sew long outer border strips to long edges of quilt center. Add short outer border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press all seams toward outer border.
1. Layer quilt top, batting, and backing; baste. Quilt as desired.
2. Bind with dark purple print binding strips.