Assemble Row 5
1. Referring to Appliqué Placement Diagram, sew together two cream-and-multicolor circle batik 6-1⁄2 ×10-1⁄2" rectangles and one multicolor swirl batik 6-1⁄2 ×10-1⁄2" rectangle to make a background strip. Press seams in one direction. The strip should be 6-1⁄2×30-1⁄2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make a second background strip.
2. Referring to Appliqué Placement Diagram, work in alphabetical order to position appliqué shapes G–K on a background strip.
3. Fuse pieces in place following manufacturer’s instructions. Using threads that match appliqués, zigzag-stitch around each piece to make a half row.
4. Using G reversed and K reversed appliqué shapes, repeat steps 2 and 3 to make a mirror image of first half row.
5. Join half rows to make Row 5. Press seam in one direction.