Designer: Pat Sloan
Materials for Row 3
• 5⁄8 yard cream flower batik (background)
• Scraps of gray batik (stem appliqués) and navy batik (circle appliqués)
• 1⁄4 yard multicolor swirl batik (flower appliqués)
• 9×21" piece (fat eighth) red sun batik (flower appliqués)
• 1⁄8 yard green batik (leaf appliqués)
• Lightweight fusible web
Finished Row 3 block: 10×9"
Finished Row 3: 9×60"
Yardages and cutting instructions are based on 42" of usable fabric width.
Measurements include 1⁄4" seam allowances. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.
Cut Fabrics for Row 3
Cut pieces in the following order. Click on "Download this Project" above for pattern pieces. To use fusible web for appliquéing, complete the following steps.
1. Lay fusible web, paper side up, over patterns. Use a pencil to trace each pattern the number of times indicated in cutting instructions, leaving 1⁄2" between tracings. Cut out each fusible-web shape roughly 1⁄4" outside traced lines.
2. Following manufacturer’s instructions, press each fusible-web shape onto wrong side of designated fabric; let cool. Cut out fabric shapes on drawn lines. Peel off paper backings.
From cream flower batik, cut:
• 6—10×11" rectangles
From gray batik, cut:
• 3 each of patterns A and A reversed
From multicolor swirl batik, cut:
• 3 of Pattern B
• 12 of Pattern E
From red sun batik, cut:
• 3 of Pattern C
From green batik, cut:
• 3 each of patterns D and D reversed
From navy batik, cut:
• 3 of Pattern F