Stopping Hand-Quilting Stitches
Securing Thread to End
1. Wind the thread twice around the needle close to the quilt top, as if making a French knot.
2. Holding the thread wraps next to the quilt top, run the needle tip through the quilt top and batting layers only.
3. Rock the needle tip back up, bringing the needle out 1⁄2" to 1" away from the stitching.
4. Tug gently on the thread to pop the knot through the quilt top and embed it in the batting.
5. Holding the thread tail taut, clip the thread close to the quilt top, releasing the end to snap below the surface of the quilt top.