Tips for Machine Appliqué
- « Prev
- Next »
- 1 of 17 |
1. Make certain your machine is clean and in good working order.
2. Install a new size 60/8, 70/10, 75/11 or 80/12 sharp embroidery needle in your machine.
3. Wind a bobbin with cotton 60-weight embroidery thread or bobbin-fill thread.
4. Thread the needle with matching- or complementary- color 60-weight embroidery thread.
5. Set your machine for a zigzag stitch with a width between 1 and 1.5mm or about 1/8” wide. Set the stitch length just above (not at) the satin-stitch setting, or between .5 and 1mm.
6. If possible, set your machine in the “needle down” position and set the motor at half speed.