1. Position a piece of stabilizer over the pumpkin pattern and trace the pumpkin pattern, including the stitch-line guides. Repeat to make a total of four stem-and-vine stitching templates.
2. Place a pumpkin-stitching template onto the right side of a pumpkin felt cutout, aligning all edges. Using the templates as a guide, outline the pumpkins and stems with running stitches. Note: Use three strands of floss for all stitching. Carefully remove the stabilizer by placing your thumb on the stitches and pulling the stabilizer away from your thumb. Repeat for each pumpkin.
3. Outline the ornate corners with running stitches 1⁄4" from all edges.
4. Arrange the cutouts on the tablecloth, removing the paper backing as you work; hand-press the cutouts into place. To avoid scorching, place a Teflon appliqué pressing sheet over each cutout. Fuse all cutouts into place with an iron.
5. Arrange the stem-and-vine stitching template over a pumpkin stem. Use a fabric marker to trace the vines onto the fabric. Repeat for all vines.
6. Lay the tablecloth on a flat surface and position a piece of stabilizer under a vine area to be stitched. Use a small zigzag stitch or satin stitch to machine-sew the vine outline. Repeat for all vines and then remove the stabilizer.