1. Position the freezer paper, shiny side down, over the patterns (pages 3-4). Trace the patterns the number of times indicated. Cut out the shapes on the traced lines.
2. Using an iron, press a freezer-paper shape, shiny side down, onto the front of the respective fabric (use the picture as a guide); let cool. Cut out the shape along the pattern edges. Peel off the freezer paper.
3. Backstitch a line in the center of each mouth with #8 pearl cotton. Work straight stitches at intervals along the mouth lines.
4. Backstitch a circle on the dark orange pumpkin’s eye patch.
5. With right sides together and using a 1⁄4-inch seam allowance, sew the fronts of the pumpkins to the backs, leaving an opening at the top of each pumpkin for turning; turn right side out.
6. Stuff with fiberfill. Hand-sew the openings closed, leaving 1⁄2-inch openings to insert the stems.