1. Following manufacturer’s instructions, cover the 1-1/8"-diameter buttons with a brown plaid, orange plaid, or black plaid 3" square.
2. Referring to Diagram 7, arrange black vein strips on your work surface. Center gold plaid pumpkin body with opening up on crisscrossed vein strips so vein strips are centered between pumpkin body seams. Pull up both ends of a vein strip to meet at pumpkin body opening; tie strip ends together. Repeat with each vein strip until all are tied around pumpkin body. Trim vein strip ends to 1" long. Tuck ends into opening.
3. Position brown plaid leaves so they cover opening in pumpkin top. Use glue gun or fabric glue to secure leaves. Position brown plaid covered button over gathered leaf ends and glue in place to complete gold plaid pumpkin.
4. For cream pumpkin, repeat steps 2 and 3 using orange plaid covered button and gold and orange vein strips.
5. For orange plaid pumpkin, repeat Step 3 using black plaid covered button.