Assemble Blocks for Table Runner
1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on the wrong side of each solid cream 3-7/8" square. (To prevent fabric from stretching as you draw lines, place 220-grit sandpaper under each square.)
2. Layer a marked solid cream square on an orange plaid 3-7/8" square. Sew squares together with two seams, stitching 1/4" on each side of drawn line (Diagram 1).
3. Cut squares apart on drawn line to make two triangle units (Diagram 2). Press open each triangle unit, pressing seam toward orange plaid triangle, to make two orange triangle-squares (Diagram 3). Each triangle-square should be 3-1/2" square including seam allowances.
4. Using solid cream and the color listed below, repeat steps 2 and 3 to make the following:
- 16 orange triangle-squares
- 8 black triangle-squares
- 8 gold triangle-squares
- 8 brown triangle-squares