Assemble Four-Patch Blocks
1. Sew together a lime green print 1-1/2x22" strip and a purple print 1-1/2x22" strip to make a strip set A. Press seam toward purple print. Repeat to make a second, matching strip set A. Cut strip sets into a total of twenty 1-1/2" wide segments.
2. Repeat Step 1 using 1-1/2x22" strips from the second lime green print and the second purple print to make twenty more 1-1/2" wide segments in a second colorway.
3. Join one 1-1/2"-wide segment from each colorway to make a small Four-Patch block (Diagram 3); press seam in one direction. The block should be 2-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 20 small Four-Patch blocks total.
4. Sew together the lime green print 2-1/2x22" strip and the purple print 2-1/2x22" strip to make a strip set B. Press seam toward purple print. Cut strip set B into eight 2-1/2" wide segments.
5. Join two 2-1/2"-wide segments to make a large Four-Patch block (Diagram 5); press seam in one direction. The block should be 4-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make four large Four-Patch blocks total.