Assemble Quilt Center
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out assorted Halloween print 5-1/2" setting squares and Square-in-a-Square blocks in five rows.
2. Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams toward Halloween print squares. Join rows 2–4. Press seams in one direction.
3. Referring to Diagram 2, pin rickrack pieces in specified lengths diagonally on pieced rows 2–4. Machine-straight-stitch down center of each rickrack piece. Trim rickrack even with row edges.
4. Referring to Diagram 3, pin remaining rickrack pieces in specified lengths diagonally in opposite direction on rows 2–4. Sew rickrack pieces in place and trim as before.
5. Add rows 1 and 5 to embellished rows 2–4 to make quilt center (Quilt Assembly Diagram). Press seams in one direction. The quilt center should be 25-1/2" square including seam allowances.