Assemble Basket Blocks
1. Sew together a light blue print extra-small triangle and a cream print extra-small triangle to make a triangle-square (Diagram 2). Press seam away from light blue print. The triangle-square should be 1-7⁄8" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 32 triangle-squares total.
2. Referring to Diagram 3, sew together a multicolor stripe small triangle, a multicolor stripe 1-7⁄8" square, a light blue print H piece, and a light blue print H reversed piece in two vertical rows. Press seams toward multicolor stripe. Join rows; press seam in one direction. Add cream print medium triangle to make basket unit (Diagram 4). Press seam toward cream triangle. Repeat to make four basket units total.
3. Sew together a cream print 1-7⁄8x6" rectangle and a light blue print extra-small triangle to make Unit A (Diagram 5). Press seam toward rectangle. Reversing placement of triangle, repeat to make Unit B. Repeat to make four each of units A and B.
4. Referring to Diagram 6, sew together four triangle-squares in a vertical row. Press seams in one direction. Join a cream print 1-7⁄8" square and four triangle-squares in a horizontal row. Press as before. Sew vertical then horizontal rows to cream print edges of basket unit. Press seams toward basket unit.
5. Referring to Diagram 7, sew side units A and B to adjacent edges of Step 4 unit. Press seams away from side units. Add a cream print small triangle to bottom right-hand corner to make a basket block. Press seam toward small triangle. The block should be 8-3⁄4" square including seam allowances.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make four basket blocks total.