Assemble Applique Foundation
1. Sew together the green print 1-1/2x20" rectangle and the light tan print 1-1/2x20" rectangle to make a strip set (Diagram 1). Press seam toward green print. Cut the strip set into four 4-1/2"-wide segments.
2. Join the 4-1/2"-wide segments along long edges (Diagram 2). Press seams toward green print.
3. Lay out eight assorted print 1-1/2" squares in two rows (Diagram 3). Join squares in each row. Press seams in one direction, alternating the direction with each row. Sew rows together; press seam to one side.
4. Join units from steps 2 and 3 to make applique foundation. Press seam toward larger unit. The foundation should be 4-1/2x10-1/2", including seam allowances
5. Fold applique foundation in half lengthwise; finger-press to mark the center. Referring to Diagram 4, use an acrylic ruler and rotary cutter to make two 45-degree cuts to form a point.