Make a Card
1. Trace desired Triangle Patterns onto paper side of fusible web. For Triangle Patterns, click on "Download this Project" above. Cut out each fusible-web shape, cutting roughly 1⁄4" outside traced lines.
2. Following manufacturer’s instructions, press fusible-web shapes onto wrong sides of selected fabrics; let cool. Cut out fabric shapes on drawn lines. Peel off and discard paper backings.
3. Open card flat and place right side up on work surface. Place triangles on right-hand half of card front, arranging as desired. Fuse triangles to card. Allow to cool.
4. Referring to photo, stitch "trunks" with zigzag, feather, or straight stitches. (To successfully sew with metallic thread, use a fine metallic needle in your machine. Stitching through cardstock might require a looser thread tension. Adjust upper tension as needed.)
5. Pull top thread ends to inside of card and tie in a square knot with bobbin thread ends; trim.
6. Remove paper backing from self-adhesive cardstock rectangle. To complete card, center and adhere rectangle to inside front of card to conceal and secure threads.