Assemble and Add Borders
1. Sew black print 1-1/2x17-1/2" inner border strips to short edges of quilt center. Add black print 1-1/2x34-1/2" inner border strips to remaining edges. Press all seams toward border.
2. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of brown print 1-1/4" squares.
3. Align marked brown print squares with corners of an assorted print 3" square (Snowball Block Diagram). Sew on a drawn line. Trim excess, leaving 1/4" seam allowance. Press open attached triangle. In same manner, add marked brown print squares to remaining corners of assorted print square to make a Snowball block. The block should be 3" square including seam allowances.
4. Repeat Step 3 to make four Snowball blocks total.
5. Sew brown print 3x19-1/2" outer border strips to short edges of quilt center. Press seams toward outer border.
6. Sew Snowball blocks to ends of brown print 3x34-1/2" outer border strips to make pieced border strips. Press all seams toward brown strips. Add pieced border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press all seams toward outer border.