Cut and Assemble Ornament C
The backing and foundation pieces for ornament C are made with felted wool. Because felted wool does not ravel and to avoid bulky seams in such a small item, the foundation and backing pieces for ornament C (Pattern E) do not include seam allowances.
From cream wool, cut:
1 each of patterns C and E
From blue wool, cut:
1 of Pattern E
1. Center cream wool C snowflake on blue wool E circle. Fuse in place.
2. Referring to Cut and Assemble Ornament A, steps 2 and 3, stitch around and embellish the C snowflake. (Refer to Beading Diagram C for bead placement.)
3. Referring to Diagram 4, position a silver cording 5"-long piece in a loop at top of cream wool E circle; tack in place.
4. Gently tear stabilizer away from outside edge of snowflake (stabilizer will remain behind appliquéd and beaded areas).
5. Place blue wool E circle atop cream wool E circle with wrong sides together. Pin pieces together.
6. Using two strands of silver embroidery floss, whipstitch around outer edges to complete ornament C.