Cut and Assemble Ornament A
From blue plaid, cut:
1 each of patterns A and D
From cream wool, cut:
1 of Pattern D
1. Referring to Diagram 1, center blue plaid A snowflake on cream wool D circle. Fuse in place.
2. Pin fused D circle on tear-away stabilizer. Using silver machine-embroidery thread and a small stitch length, machine-zigzag-stitch around all appliqué edges.
3. Referring to Beading Diagram A, embellish snowflake with seed beads and bugle beads.
4. Referring to Diagram 2, position a silver cording 5"-long piece in
a loop with the ends extending beyond edge of fused D circle; baste in place.
5. Gently tear stabilizer away from outside edge of snowflake (stabilizer will remain behind appliquéd and beaded areas).
6. Layer fused D circle and blue plaid D circle with right sides together; pin in place. Starting opposite the cording, stitch around circle edges, leaving
a 1-1⁄4" opening for turning (Diagram 3).
7. Turn ornament right side out by pulling silver cording loop through opening. Smooth edges with a blunt tool and finger-press ornament flat.
8. Using two strands of silver embroidery floss, whipstitch around outer edges to close opening and complete ornament A.