Joy Ornament Assembly
For stitch instructions, see printable PDF above.
1. Tape the word joy from printable PDF onto a light box or sunny window. Place green print B circle atop word and trace with pencil or water- or heat-soluble marker.
2. Hoop marked B circle according to Basic Assembly, Step 1.
3. Referring to Joy Appliqué Placement Diagram, arrange red wool H heart, green wool I leaves, and cream wool J flowers on right side of hooped B circle. Pin or glue-baste in place. Add batting A circle according to Basic Assembly, Step 3.
4. Whipstitch around heart with one strand of red floss.
5. Stitch through center of each leaf with one strand of green floss and a running stitch. Pull up slightly to gather.
6. Backstitch joy with two strands of red floss. Make a French knot at top of J.
7. Referring to Snowflake Ornament Assembly, Step 6, page 5, use two strands of red floss to sew a gold bead to center of each cream wool flower to make ornament top.
8. Remove ornament top from hoop, paint outer hoop brown, and let dry. Re-hoop, being sure screw is centered at top of ornament. Complete ornament according to Basic Assembly, steps 6–9. Glue red velvet ribbon to outer edge of larger hoop and tie leftover ribbon to screw mechanism.